MedRhythms is a company that is committed to providing people access to the highest quality of rehabilitation. To execute on this goal, we combine deep learning and low cost sensors to create digital therapeutics for rehab. The first product uses music to help people recover their movement. We are starting here because it has been shown to be more effective than physical therapy, it is a new tool for rehab, and we have deep expertise in neurologic music therapy.
Each of the products developed on our platform will be built on a closed-loop circuit; data captured with sensors is fed into our software platform, and proprietary music algorithms deliver music based on cutting edge research of music and neuroscience. Ultimately, the technology will increase accessibility and affordability for those with neuro injury or disease.
MedRhythms is comprised of an excited, passionate team driven to make a difference in the world by providing the highest quality of care to those in need. As a member of the MedRhythms team it is expected that you are diligent and timely with your work, ask questions immediately if you don’t understand something, commit to doing the right thing that aligns with the mission of our organization, act as a servant leader making the people around you smarter, and give honest and direct feedback to arrive at the best answer.
Position: Engineer – Biomechanics, data, and sensing
Objective: You will work on hardware, software, and data processing for wearable systems to capture bio-mechanical data.
- Develop software for data acquisition, signal processing and data analysis
- Familiarity in reading and drafting schematics for mechanical and electrical systems
- Ability to identify, assemble, and validate technologies for a particular task
- Proficient in debugging issues using a variety of methods in both hardware and software
- Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating products
- Comfortable handling purchase orders and communicating with vendor
- Be able to coordinate and talk about the different components of music
- Work effectively with other disciplines such as doctors, therapists, nurses and aids
- Regular meetings with CEO and/or MedRhythms team
- Experience with wearable systems design and development
- Experience with biomedical data processing
- Experience with a variety of software, hardware, and electronics projects- including academic or hobby
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing startup environment
- Passionate about helping others
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with talent for balancing many priorities to deliver on an extremely fast schedule
- Ability to learn, be proactive, and self-motivated in a fast-paced team environment
- Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline required; MS preferred
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on, detailed product design or prototyping experience
How to apply?
Draft a couple of paragraphs that talk about:
1. Why do you think MedRhythms is a good fit for you?
2. What is your experience with bio-mechanics, data, and/or sensing?
Prepare and send us your resume at email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.